Sick of spag bol, sausage and mash, fish fingers and chips and any other of the fallback recipes the majority of we Brits call on every weeknight for dinner? This weeks #recipeshed theme is here to inspire you to try something a little different. So why not give these delicious and show-stopping HERBY CHEESE-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM a try. Your partner will love you forever. Maybe.
FOR THE FILLING
2 tbsp soft cheese, such as Philadelphia (or ricotta, or cottage cheese)
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 tsp chilli powder or paprika (depending on your spice taste)
3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN
2 chicken breasts, butterflied
6 slices Parma ham
1 tsp olive oil
1. Make the stuffing by thoroughly mixing the filling ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Lay a piece of Clingfllm on a chopping board, and arrange the Parma ham slices, three at right angles and two across.
3. Lay the butterflied chicken breasts on top of the ham.
4. Using a tablespoon, spread a good portion of the stuffing mixture onto each chicken breast.
5. Carefully fold the chicken breasts over so that the stuffing is completely enclosed and fold over the ham slices to create a parcel, using the ends to seal.
6. Tightly wrap in the Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the over to 180C/Gas 4. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Remove the Clingfilm and brown the chicken parcels all over, for 2-3 mins.
8. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and cook the chicken parcels for 30-35 mins. Check theyre done by inserting a skewer into the thickest part. If the juices run clear, theyre done.
9. Transfer to warmed plates, and cut into thick slices. Drizzle over any leftover juices. Serve with boiled new potatoes and chunky glazed carrots.