Stilton and chorizo oven-baked risotto
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
When it comes to risotto, I have little patience standing over the pan stirring in the stock, that’s why I love oven baked risotto: you can just fry everything off in the pan and then bung it in the oven. Job done. Risotto for me is perfect recovery food – extremely comforting and homely.
This recipe is adapted from BBC Good Food’s Oven-baked risotto.
40 mins – Prep time: 15 mins – Cooking time: 25 mins (18 mins unattended)
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 150g frozen peas
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices chorizo
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 small head broccoli
- 70g stilton
- 25g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Make broccoli florets, cutting any large ones in half. Blanch broccoli for a 3 minutes to soften a little. Then run under cold water and shake off any excess water.
- Chop the bacon and chorizo into small pieces. Finely chop the onion and sweat with the butter on a medium/low heat in a heavy-bottomed pan (like a Le Creuset) for 3-4 minutes with the lid on to soften it.
- Add the bacon and chorizo and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the risotto rice and cook for further 2-3 minutes, stirring to ensure all risotto is coated in the butter.
- Add broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, frozen peas and hot chicken stock. Season well, stir, then put the lid on and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
- When done, crumble the stilton into the risotto, leaving a little for garnish and stir through.
One Response to “Stilton and chorizo oven-baked risotto”
Leave a Comment:
or enter your details below