Did I actually mention that when I was a mother, the banana was incredibly important in my life? No? I wonder, because bananas are a welcome guest in our fruit basket. Until I became a mother, I liked bananas, but I didn’t really tear myself around them.
If you have such a cute little creature in front of you, then you can’t get past the banana. Not just because it’s incredibly healthy and good for development. No, but also because it is so incredibly delightful to see a baby or toddler munching a banana.
But life with bananas is an up and down. Everyone likes the delicious fruit in a different state, one almost green, the other yellow and another fully ripe and sweet with nice brown spots. It is sometimes an art and also a matter of luck to find the ideal time for the personally preferred maturity level.
THE PERFECT BANANA RECYCLING
So it happens that the banana, which is so popular per se, suddenly becomes unpopular and is no longer appreciated. She lives in the fruit basket and my pity increases from day to day. That is why there is a small handful of emergency recipes that I have in store if there is nothing more than processing into another treat.
Bananas make you happy and banana chocolate muffins too!
My banana chocolate muffins are such an emergency variant and a delicious one at that. Because they can easily be kept in a food storage container for two to three days. My son loves her very much and that’s why I give him one or two banana chocolate muffins in the lunch box for school. His buddy is happy if he can dust you 😉 and it makes me happy too.
Perhaps you have ripe bananas in your fruit basket right now, which you no longer like and which have light stains. Then my banana chocolate muffins might be a way to process them. The perfect banana leftovers eben.
Here you will also find other delicious recipes for bananas that nobody wants to eat anymore, namely my classic banana pancakes and my juicy banana cookies.
If you want to make muffins in the classic way with berries, fruits or chocolate, I recommend my simple muffins basic recipe .
Simple banana-chocolate muffins
YOU NEED A MUFFIN SHEET WITH 12 DRAWERS AND 12 MUFFIN PAPER BAKING SHELLS
- 4 bananas, ripe to very ripe – think brown to black spots would be great
- 2 eggs – size M
- 190 g flour – type 405 or 550
- 130 g of sugar
- 100 g chocolate droplets – alternatively chopped chocolate, grated chocolate
- 80 ml vegetable oil, neutral – e.g. rapeseed oil, sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (approx.6g)
- First you heat your oven to 180 degrees top / bottom heat .
- Now you mix the flour , the baking powder and the chocolate droplets in a bowl . Crush the bananas on a plate with a fork .
- In a bowl you also verquirlst with a fork , the two eggs and stir in connection with the whorls of the hand mixer or food processor to sugar and vegetable oil at.
- Now you just stir in the crushed bananas .
IMPORTANT NOTES: Don’t be surprised, the ripe the bananas you use, the more fluid your dough will be. The result is still delicious (even juicier), even if it requires a little more skill in filling the muffin cases.
In addition, the ripe the bananas and the more liquid the batter, the denser / wetter the mass. The consistency of the muffins is therefore rather compact rather than fluffy.