This Red Thai Curry Chicken Pie is a wonderful recipe for using up leftover chicken. And it really couldnt be simpler. All you need is a couple if tablespoons of Thai red curry paste, a can of coconut milk, an onion, a few green beans and a sheet of ready-made puff pastry. Its that simple but incredibly effective.
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
Leftover chicken, or pre-cooked chicken (1 breast, 1 leg, or a combination)
Handful green beans, trimmed
1 can coconut milk
1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
1. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and add the onion. Cook for a few mins until tender, then add the Thai red curry paste and stir for about 1 min, until the aromas are released.
2. Add the chicken and stir through, followed by the beans.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Cook for around 10 mins until the sauce is reduced and coats the chicken.
4. Transfer to a shallow baking dish. Roll out the pastry sheet and cut to fit the baking dish.
5. Brush with a little oil. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and bake for 30-35 mins until the pastry becomes golden and crisp.
6. Serve with plain boiled new potatoes.