We’ve packed away the decorations and laid the Christmas songs to rest for another year, but what’s left in your fridge? Admittedly, I didn’t have the stilton left in the fridge, it was on the clearance shelf at the supermarket and I do so love blue cheese!Print
27mins – Prep time: 15mins – Cooking time: 12mins
- 1 pack ready rolled puff pastry (375g)
- 180g bacon lardons
- 60g stilton
- 1/2 red onion
Oven temp: 140°C/390°F
- Grease 12 hole bun tin and cut out circles just larger than the holes in the tin. Gently push the circles into the holes using your knuckles.
- Gently fry off the bacon and onions in a pan over a medium heat. The onions will cook in the lardon fat and will soften. Don’t overcook the bacon, the oven will finish the job!
- Divide the bacon and onions evenly between the 12 holes.
- Crumble the stilton over the tops of the tartlets.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, until the pastry starts to brown a little and the stilton has melted down.