This is a sharp, zingy, creamy dish thats perfect for a mid-week meal. You can cook the chicken in the Sous Vide the night before or if you dont have a Sous Vide, just fry the chicken breasts in a little oil for around 10 mins each side, until cooked through.
2 chicken breasts, skin
2 branches fresh tarragon
For the pasta sauce
Knob of butter
1 tbsp olive oil
4 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
1 glass white wine (I used Chablis)
Juice 1/2 lemon
250ml double cream
2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 handfuls farfalle pasta
1. Vac-pack and seal the chicken breasts and tarragon branches in a Sous Vide pouch. Set a water bath to 64.5C and immerse the chicken. Cook for 2-4 hours.
2. Put the butter and oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the shallots and garlic and gently cook until soft, approx. 5 mins.
3. Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2-3 mins to burn off the alcohol.
4. Reduce the heat and add the cream, followed by the seasoning and chopped tarragon.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions, approx. 8-9 mins.
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the Sous Vide bath.
7. Stir the pasta through the sauce and serve with the chicken breasts.