A simple but delicious stuffed chicken dish that would be perfect for a dinner party on a cold winters night or as an alternative to a traditional Sunday roast.
This Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe from Sacla.co.uk serves four and uses half a jar of Sacla Classic Basil Pesto. The other half of the jar could be used for a simple but impressive starter of Houmous, Basil Pesto, Feta and Pomegranate Dip served with breadsticks. Two simple dishes made with healthy, authentically Mediterranean, ingredients. Perfect for recovering from Christmas indulgence and keeping you on track for ambitious New Years Resolutions!
Find these recipes below or browse the full collection of Italian food recipes from Sacla. Find recipes created for Sacla by famous foodies such as celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson, Park Lane chef Theo Randall and The Guardian food editor, Matthew Fort. Alternatively watch the Sacla Video recipes on YouTube and enjoy a cooking lesson with 2010 MasterChef winner Dhruv Baker from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Bring a taste of the Mediterranean into British kitchens this winter with Sacla sauces and maybe even escape the British weather with the competition to win a luxury holiday for four people to Rome further details can be found on the Sacla website.
Houmous, Pesto, Feta & Pomegranate Dip
¢ 200g tub houmous
¢ Â½ x 190g jar Sacla Classic Basil Pesto
¢ 100g feta, crumbled into large pieces
¢ 120g pack pomegranate seeds
¢ 2 heaped tablespoons of roughly chopped coriander leaves
1. Empty the houmous into a large shallow bowl and generously spoon over the Sacla Classic Basil Pesto. Scatter the crumbled feta, followed by the pomegranate seeds, finishing with the coriander. Serve with breadsticks for dipping.
Baked Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts with the skin on
- 1/2 a jar of Sacla Classic Basil Pesto
- 1 jar of Sacla Vine Ripened Tomato & Marscarpone Stir-in Sauce
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- grated parmesan
1. Heat the oven to 180C (160C for fan assisted oven)/Gas 4. Season the chicken and fry skin side down in a frying pan for 2 minutes until crispy. Cut a pocket in the thickest side of each chicken breast and spoon in the pesto.
2. Pour the Tomato & Mascarpone Stir-in and the chopped tomatoes into an oven proof dish and sit the chicken breasts on top. Grate some parmesan on top and bake for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling.