This is a creamy, succulent chicken dish, filled with salty tangy feta, sweet roasted peppers with a subtle heat of chillies. Wrapped in Parma ham, it makes for a perfect culinary present to unwrap and reveal the goodies inside.
2 chicken breasts
150g feta cheese
1 red bell pepper, deseeded, roasted, skin peeled, finely chopped
1 green chilli, deseed, roasted, skin peeled, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
10 thin slices Parma ham
1. Make the stuffing by combining the feta, pepper, thyme leaves, garlic, lemon juice and black pepper.
2. Lay out two pieces of plastic wrap. Lay 5 slices of ham on each, two lengthways, one across.
3. Using a very sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast and lay on the plastic wrap.
4. With a spoon, carefully insert filling into each breast pocket. Roll up the chicken with the ham, making sure all the stuffing is enclosed.
5. Now wrap very tightly with the plastic wrap and tie up each end so nothing can escape.
5. Vac-pack in Sous Vide pouches, set a water bath to 64.5C and immerse the chicken. Cook for 2-4 hours. If you dont have a Sous Vide, bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer and immerse the plastic-wrapped breasts in the water and poach for around 30 mins.
6. Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan. Unwrap the chicken and drain off any excess juices. Fry the chicken breasts on each side until the ham becomes crisp and golden, approx. 2-3 mins each side.
7. Serve with pan-roasted potatoes and green beans.