Wondering how to get some veggies into your kids during British Sausage Week? Its easy just add some sausages and cream to them! This recipe is so simple to make, but a massive hit with my three children. I think the vibrancy of the colours hypnotises them!
Serves 3-4 hungry kids
6-8 good quality sausages
(Cumberlands are my tribes favourites they have a bit of spice from the pepper)
2 bell peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 courgette, topped and tailed and thickly sliced
2 big handfuls of farfalle pasta (thats the butterfly-shaped pasta also known as bow-tie
100ml double cream
1. First cook the pasta. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then cook the pasta for a little less time than the packet instructions, approximately. 7-8 mins Drain.
2. In a large frying pan, cook the sausages in a little oil for approximately 10 mins. Remove from the pan and pat dry on kitchen towel to remove the excess oil. Roughly chop into thick chunks.
3. Wipe the pan clean and add a little oil. Stir-fry the veggies until a little charred and tender, approx. for 5 mins.
4. Return the sausage chunks to the pan and continue to stir-fry.
5. Add the pasta. Stir to combine. Then add the cream.
6. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then serve. If you like, grate over some Cheddar or Parmesan cheese.