Well, here we are on week 4 of the Recipe Shed. Its had a great response and I hope more of you will join in, either by sharing or cooking the recipes posted by fellow Linkers. The theme for this week is SAUSAGES so Ill get the ball rolling with this incredibly simple dish that is great for all the family.
4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
4 large potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edwards, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 bulb of garlic, separated into cloves
1 tbsp fresh rosemary or thyme leaves
1 chorizo sausage, skin removed and cut into chunks
1 lemon, quartered
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and parboil the potatoes until tender, approx. 10-12 mins. Drain and reserve.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Scatter the parboiled potatoes potatoes and toss together with a couple of glubs of olive oil, the herbs , lemon and chorizo.
3. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and lay them on the potatoes.
4. Roast for 45 mins, until the potatoes are browned, the garlic is soft and the chicken juices run clear. Test by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the meat.
5. Serve with steamed brocolli. Squeeze the sweet garlic onto the chicken flesh and enjoy!
Do you have a SAUSAGE recipe to share? Come along, dont be shy. Click on Mr Linky below and let the world know about it. And dont forget to grab the Recipe Shed badge so you can display it loud and proud on your own site.