These make great snacks or starters, serve with sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce for dipping. These take a while to make, but it’s well worth the effort!
40mins – Prep time: 35 mins – Cooking time: 5 mins
- 250g pork mince
- 200g prawns
- 1 pack wanton wrappers for deep frying (about 30)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 water chestnuts
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1/4tsp five spice
- 1tsp light soy sauce
- Put wanton wrappers on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them moist.
- Finely chop the spring onion and water chestnuts.
- Peel the ginger and chop finely too
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the wanton wrappers.
- Peel a wanton wrapper from the block and brush a little water over it to moisten.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon about 1 rounded spoonful onto the middle of the wanton wrapper.
- Fold wrapper in half diagonally and seal edges.
- To cook, heat a saucepan with about 4cm of oil in. Cook wantons in batches for about 3-4mins or until the wantons are golden.