I fell in love with lebanese omelettes since I visited Mazar in Battersea High Street. As I don’t get to London very often I have to make up my own version of their delicious omelette. I didn’t have any Lebanese spicy sausage so I replaced it with chorizo. I used Mr Singh’s chilli sauce for a little kick but you could use fresh chilli instead if you’re feeling brave!
15 mins – Prep time: 10 mins – Cooking time: 5 mins
- 3 free range eggs
- 50g chorizo cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- 3tbsp hot chilli sauce
- A knob of butter
- A good dash of black pepper
- A dash of salt
- Over a medium/low heat, soften the onions in a frying pan with a little of the butter (with the lid on) for about three minutes then add the chorizo cubes and cook for another couple of minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and chilli sauce. Warm the frying pan on a medium heat and use the rest of the butter ensuring its spread all over the pan.
- Pour the egg into the pan and whisk a little before allowing it to nearly (about half cooked). Sprinkle the onions and chorizo and parsley over. Allow to cook a little more until almost set (I like mine to be a little bit runny on the top), then serve.