I’ve loved Hotel Chocolat for a while. I had a particularly awesome boss a couple of jobs ago who bought all of our team a huge slab bar of HC for our Christmas gifts. It was a milk chocolate snowman with a mixed berry flavoured scarf. I saved that scarf for last, skillfully eating my way through the rest of the delicious chocolate. One of my best friends came round and I invited him to have some of said snowman and left the room. When I came back I saw him eating the last part of the scarf. I didn’t get to eat one bit of it. He is lucky he is still my friend.
Luckily for me, Hotel Chocolat got in contact with me to ask if I’d like to review their Dark Christmas Collection. It’s full of lovely chocolates with a Christmas twist, and of course a few different festive tipples. My favourite is the Christmas Mess – fruity berry mousse with crushed meringue. Mr LTT was particularly taken with the Christmas Cake flavour with walnut praline, raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, orange and nutmeg. You’ll also find a cheeky snowball flavour, salted caramels and whisky toddy among other flavours.
I love Hotel Chocolat because it doesn’t have that bitter flavour that some dark chocolate has. It’s got a silky texture and some of the fillings have a vey boozy kick! The box is also stunning in gold with Christmas decorations and a bow – it’d make a great Christmas present for those hard to buy for people instead of a bottle of wine.
Onto the competition!
Win one of three Hotel Chocolat advent calendars
Fancy winning an advent calendar? Well, because this would be a nice Christmas gift, I want you to leave a comment on this post saying what the crappiest Christmas gift you’ve received is. The prize is one of three advent calendars: milk chocolate, white chocolate, or truffles (for two!). If you win, you will be picked at random to win one of them because it would takes ages to try and sort it out otherwise! Keep an eye out in your inbox – ending this competition by 10pm on Wednesday 28th to make sure I get your calendar to you for the start of advent.
More info about Hotel Chocolat Advent Calendars
Terms & Conditions
- The “Win a Hotel Chocolat advent calendar” competition is open to UK residents including Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- The competition will run from 22nd November 2012 to 10pm UK time on 28th November 2012.
- There are three prizes of a Hotel Chocolat advent calendar worth £12 (or £25; for the truffles for two).
- Three winners will be picked at random from the comments and contacted via email. By entering this competition, you agree to have your details passed to Hotel Chocolat for the purposes of sending the prize and to be included in any promotional materials they wish.
- If the winner does not reply via email within 10 days of being notified they have won, a new winner will be chosen.
- The judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered into
- Only one entry per person. No bulk or third party entries. Any entries failing to comply will be immediately disqualified.
- The winner will be announced shortly after 28th November 2012.